Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive or coconut oil
- ¾ cup ½-inch diced potatoes
- ¾ cup extra firm organic tofu, drained, patted dry, crumbled
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 large tortilla, warmed
- ¼ avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh baby spinach or arugula
- Your favorite salsa
- To pan roast the potatoes, pour half of the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Add a few tbsp. of water and cover the pan to steam the potatoes, about 10 minutes. Check occasionally and add more water if it has evaporated and the potatoes are not yet tender. Transfer potatoes to a plate.
- To make the tofu scramble, heat the other half of the oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add the crumbled tofu, turmeric, garlic, salt, and nutritional yeast. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. To make the scramble creamy, add the milk and cook another minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the burrito, place the potatoes, tofu scramble, avocado, and greens on top of the tortilla. Roll one side of the tortilla up and over the fillings as tightly as you can. Tuck the short ends over, and continue wrapping. You can grill the outside of the burrito for a light crunch or eat it right away. Serve with salsa.