10-DAY PLANT-BASED CHALLENGE
10-Day Plant-Based Recipes
ACAI & OATS
Prep Time: None
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 packets acai pulp
- ¾ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded zucchini
- ¼ cup millet
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. vanilla bean powder
- In food processor, combine bananas and acai until fluffy.
- In medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in oats, zucchini millet, and cinnamon. Return to boil. Simmer until oats are tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in maple syrup and vanilla bean powder to taste.
- Divide oat mixture between bowls. Serve with acai mixture.
WEST COAST TOAST
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
- 1 tsp. red-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 slices sprouted whole-wheat bread, toasted
- ¼ cup plain hummus
- ¼ cup alfalfa sprouts
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 2 tsp. unsalted sunflower seeds
- In a medium bowl, toss greens with vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread each slice of toast with 2 tbsp. hummus.
- Top with sprouts, avocado, and greens. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEAS & RICE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh parsley, chopped
For the marinade:
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
For the garlic sauce:
- ¾ cup plant-based mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
For the turmeric rice:
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. minced shallot or onion salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 cup long grain white rice (like basmati or jasmine)
- 1¼ cups vegetable broth
- For the chickpea marinade: Whisk marinade ingredients together in a small bowl. Reserve ¼ cup marinade and pour the rest into a large Ziplock bag. Combine marinade with chickpeas in a bowl, then season with salt and pepper. Place in the refrigerator to marinate.
- For the garlic sauce: Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor, then blend or process until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use (can be done several days ahead of time).
- For the turmeric rice: Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots or onions, season with salt, then sauté until softened, 2 minutes. Add garlic, sauté for 30 seconds, and then add turmeric and sauté for 30 seconds. Add rice, sauté until fragrant, 1 minute, and then add broth and turn heat up to bring to a boil. Place a lid on top, and turn heat down to low. Simmer for 10 minutes (heat should be low enough that the broth is at a very gentle, barely-there simmer). Remove the pan from the heat then let sit for 5 minutes before removing the lid and fluffing the rice. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Peel, seed and chop the cucumber. Thinly slice the red onion.
- Scoop rice into bowls, then top with marinated chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion. Drizzle with garlic sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley.