1 (8 oz) package crimini mushrooms, cleaned, halved, and trimmed
1 can black beans (15 oz), rinsed and drained
1 roasted red pepper, sliced
½ c walnut pieces
¼ c flaxseed meal
2 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 c cooked quinoa
1 Tbsp stakehouse seasoning
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Pulse mushrooms in a large food processor until minced, but not pureed. Spread onto a plate lined with paper towel and microwave 1-2 min, to rid some of the water.
- Place beans, prunes, bell pepper, walnuts flaxseed and soy sauce in food processor and pulse a few times until nearly minced.
- Add in quinoa and cooked mushrooms. Pulse a few more times to mix.
- Scoop mixture into ½ c balls. Press into patties and sprinkle with steakhouse seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet on medium. Add oil. When shimmering, add patties into pan, seasoned side down. Sprinkle remaining seasoning onto the remaining half.
- Brown each side 3-4 min.
- Serve with accompaniments: whole-wheat buns, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, ketchup, and mustard.