- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 medium banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 3 tbs. almond butter, drippy
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 5.3 oz. container Vanilla Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 to 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbs. coconut oil, melted
First, preheat your waffle iron to medium heat.
Prepare your flax eggs by mixing together 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed and 6 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 15 minutes until it becomes goopy.
In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Then add wet ingredients, minus the coconut oil and flax eggs. Mix until combined.
Melt the coconut oil and add that to the batter. Mix. Then add flax eggs and mix.
Spray waffle iron with coconut oil cooking spray on both sides. Then, scoop in about 1/2 cup of batter. Close the waffle iron, flip, and let cook for about 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes and 30 seconds (depending on how hot your iron is).
- Calories- 360
- Carbohydrates- 41g
- Protein- 11g