- Blueberry filling:
- 1 pint blueberries
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbs. cornstarch mixed with enough water or juice to form a smooth paste (about 2-3 tsp)
- 3 cups gluten-free oatmeal (regular, not instant)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 tbs. agave nectar
- 6 tbs. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Oil an 8” square baking dish.
- (blueberry filling): In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, agave nectar and apple juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When it boils, stir in the vanilla and the cornstarch mixture. Continue to stir as the mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Put 1½ cups of the oatmeal into a food processor and process into a fine powder. Pour it into a medium-sized mixing bowl and add the remaining oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in the apple sauce, agave nectar, water and vanilla, and mix well. Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing well to cover the bottom of the pan. Spoon the blueberry filling over the batter, and cover the blueberries with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting into bars