3 c dry old-fashioned oats
1 c white whole-wheat flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp baking soda
1 large egg
1/3 c coconut oil
1 c light brown sugar
¼ c low-fat or plant-based milk
1 tsp almond estract
½ c dried tart cherries
½ c sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Stir oats, flour, cinnamon, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat egg, and whist oil, sugar, milk, and almond extract.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until moistened. Add cherries and half the almonds toward the end of the mixing.
- Drop ¼ c scoops of dough onto pans, at least 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with remaining almonds on top. Pat to flatten slightly.
- Bake until golden, about 16 min.
- Cool completely and story up to 1 week.