Pico De Gallo:
1 large tomato, diced
½ c red onion, diced
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 tsp jalapeno pepper, minced (seeds removed to reduce heat)
½ tsp minced garlic
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Fish:
1 pound white fish (talipia, cod, haddock)
¼ c extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
¼ c whole wheat flour
8 whole-grin flour tortillas
2 c shredded green cabbage
1 avocado, sliced
4 lime wedges
- Place all pico de gallo ingredients in small mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Cut fish into strips.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp oil.
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning over fish and dust lightly with flour.
- When oil is hot, add fish to pan. Ensure sides of fish are not touching each other. Add oil, as necessary. Cook until opaque almost halfway through, about 2 min.
- Turn fish over and cook on second side until opaque all the way through.
- Remove cooked fish from pan and place on plate lined with paper towels.
- Assemble tortillas with fish, cabbage, avocado and pico de gallo. Serve with lime wedge.