- 4 Egg, (1 Large)
- 1 ½ cups sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 1 tbs. onion powder
- Pinch of pink salt and black pepper
- Coconut or macadamia nut oil for frying
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Olive oil for frying pan
- Using clean hands squeeze out any excess juice from sweet potato.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sweet potato, egg white, onion powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Spoon approximately 1/4 cup of mixture on to pan and flatten and shape with the back of a spoon.
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until underside is cooked. Carefully flip and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes or until browned. Set aside.
- Cook eggs to liking. Set aside.
- In frying pan sauté spinach in olive oil for 1 minute or until wilted.
- Layer cooked rostis with spinach and top with poached eggs. Serve hot.