4 slices whole grain bread
2 tsp coarse ground mustard
4 thin sandwich-sized slices cheddar cheese
1 small Gala apple, cored and thinly sliced
1 tsp honey
1 tsp rosemary
2/3 c alfalfa sprouts
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to a low broil.
- Place bread in a single layer on a sheet pan and broil until toasted on top, about 1 ½ min.
- Remove pan from oven.
- On two slices of bread, spread mustard on untoasted side. Lay 2 pieces of cheese and half the apple slices on each slice and drizzle honey over apple.
- Place pan back in oven and broil for another 5 min, until apple becomes tender.
- Place the other two slices of bread on top, toasted side up.
- Serve warm.