3 Tbsp flaxseed meal
1 stick butter, sliced
1 c light brown sugar
½ c sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 ½ c unsweetened almond butter
1 ¼ unbleached all purpose flour
1 c whole-wheat flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 ¾ c dry rolled oats
1 ½ c dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together flaxseed meal and ½ c water.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth and slightly fluffy, about 3 min.
- Add flaxseed slurry, almond butter, and ¼ c water. Beat on low until incorporated.
- Turn off mixer, scrape down sides of bowl. Add flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low speed, stopping until just before all the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Scrape down all sides of bowl.
- Add oats and chocolate chips and mix on low, just until distributed.
- Portion dough into balls about 2 Tbsp each. Place on sheet pans about 1 ½ apart.
- Slightly flatten with a fork in a crisscross shape.
- Bake until golden, about 8 min.
- Cool and store in airtight containers for 5 days.