Our Response to COVID-19
Maple Tree Cancer Alliance Family,
At Maple Tree Cancer Alliance, the health and well-being of our patients is our top priority. We continue to actively monitor the COVID-19 and adjust our practices as we navigate through uncharted waters.
We believe that, now more than ever, it is important for you to prioritize your health! The very last thing we would want is for our patients to remain sedentary and feel isolated during this period.
That is why Maple Tree is taking proactive measures to protect the health of our patients during these turbulent times while still offering you the exercise training sessions that you need. Effective immediately, we are offering our patients the ability to continue their exercise training sessions with their Exercise Oncology Trainers from the comfort and safety of their own home!
Patients can choose to participate in these sessions one of two ways. Both are completely free and user-friendly, even for the most technology-illiterate of us!
These two training options available to our current patients are as follows:
- A free video conferencing app called Zoom.
- To begin, simply go to https://zoom.us and sign up for a free. That’s it! Your trainer will then email or text you a specific link you can click on when your appointment time comes around. From here, you can see your trainer, and your trainer will have the ability to see you through the magic of video conferencing!
- FaceTime Call.
- If you prefer to use your smart phone, your trainer is happy to FaceTime during your appointment. This will still give your trainer the ability to keep a close eye on your form and make suggestions for modifications as they gauge your response to the exercise program.
In addition to these individualized training options, we welcome you to join us for weekly workouts held via Facebook Live on our Maple Tree Cancer Alliance Facebook page.
These two weekly workouts are:
- Yoga on Mondays at 12 pm EST.
- Chair and body weight exercises on Thursdays at 10 am EST.
Your continued success, health, and safety are our priority. Thank you for your flexibility during this time. If there is anything else you need, don’t hesitate to reach out to me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yours in Health,
Karen Wonders, Ph.D., FACSM