For the Filling:
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, quartered, cored, sliced
2 firm pears, peeled, quartered, cored, and sliced
¼ c honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp grated gingerroot
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping:
½ c whole-wheat flour
¼ c light brown sugar
3 Tbsp cold butter, cubed
2 c granola (with nuts and no dried fruit)
Honey-flavored Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
To make Filling:
- Place apples and pears in a 9X9 inch pan and sprinkle with honey, lemon juice, gingerroot, cinnamon, and vanilla. Toss well.
- Coat upper sides of pan with cooking oil spray.
To make topping:
- Stir together flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add butter and press mixture between your fingers, breaking up butter until it is pea sized.
- Add granola.
- Spread topping evenly over filling.
Bake until top is golden and fork slides easily into the fruit, about 50 min.
Allow to rest 10 min before serving. Top with dollop of yogurt.