3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 eggplant, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 zucchini, diced
1 yellow squash, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 can (15-oz) pureed tomatoes
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
4 ½ c cooked whole-grain fettuccine, cooking liquid reserved
1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and add one Tbsp oil. When oil begins to simmer, add eggplant, bell pepper, zucchini, and squash.
- Stir and allow to cook undisturbed for 4 min to brown. Brown 5 more min, stirring occasionally.
- Add water and use wooden spoon to scrape bottom of pan, as needed.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and push vegetables to one side of pan.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil, onion, and garlic to other side of pan and cook until tender, about 5 min.
- Add remaining oil to pan and add tomatoes, chickpeas, yeast seasoning, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Stir together and simmer 20-30 min to blend flavors.
- Toss vegetables with pasta and reserved liquid.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.