For the Chicken:
1 large egg white
2 tsp cornstarch
½ tsp salt
1 pound chicken breast, but into thin strips
1 Tbsp avocado oil
For the Sauce:
2 Tbsp rice wine
2 scallions, sliced
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tsp black bean sauce (in Asian Food section at the grocery store)
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp dark sesame seed oil
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the Vegetables:
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp sesame seeds
2 tsp avocado oil
2 carrots, shreaded
1 c snow peas, trimmed, and cut
1 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
3 c cooked brown rice
- Whisk together egg white, corn starch, and salt in medium bowl. Toss chicken in mixture to coat. Chill while preparing other ingredients.
- Stir all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Heat large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Add chicken in single layer and brown 4 min. Remove chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add sesame seeds to same pan and toast for 1 min, until fragrant and golden. Add water to unstick from pan.
- Raise heat to medium-high, swirl 2 tsp oil in pan, add vegetables, and stir fry for 2 min, adding soy sauce halfway through.
- Add sauce and cook for 30 min. Stir chicken in to reheat.
- Spoon over rice.