2 Tbsp black bean sauce (usually found in the Asian Food section of the grocery store)
2 Tbsp rice wine
2 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tsp honey
For the Stir-Fry
4 tsp avocado oil
1 pound green beans, trimmed
1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp, tails removed
3 dried red chillies
1 scallion, chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced ginger
1 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
4 c brown rice, cooked
- Make the sauce by blending all sauce ingredients in small bowl. Add 2 Tbsp water.
- Make the stir fry – heat a wok over medium heat. Add oil.
- Add beans and cook until slightly wrinkled, stir-frying every 60 sec, for about 5 min. Place beans on plate.
- Put wok back on heat. Add shrimp, chiles, scallions, garlic, ginger, and 1 tsp soy sauce. Cook until shrimp are opaque in center – about 3 min. Remove chiles and swirl in the sauce.
- Add beans to reheat, mixing well.
- Serve over rice.