1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 ½ c diced onion
2 diced green chilies
3 garlic cloves, sliced
¾ tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 ¾ cups chicken broth
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp dried oregano
3 cans great northern beans (15 oz each), rinsed and drained
1 ½ avocados, peeled and diced
- Heat a soup pot on medium heat and add oil. Once shimmering, add onion, chilies, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook until tender, about 8 min.
- Add chicken, broth, cumin, and oregano.
- Use fork to mash one can of beans until mostly smooth.
- Add mashed beans and whole beans, lime zest, and salt to the pot. Gently simmer to combine flavors, about 10-min.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Garnish with avocado and lime wedges.