5 c cooked whole-grain farfalle pasta
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 can whole tomatoes (28 oz), drained
5 fresh basil leaves, sliced
½ tsp honey
½ tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
5 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
¼ c grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oil. Once shimmering, add garlic and chili flakes and cook until aromatic, about 30 sec.
- Using your hands, break up tomatoes by squeezing and drop them into the pan.
- Add basil and simmer on medium-low heat for 10 min.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in honey, salt, and pepper.
- Place warm sauce and mozzarella in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Reheat pasta and sauce in saucepan over low heat. Do not let sauce boil.
- Garnish with basil leaves and Parmesan cheese.