2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
1 c brown rice
¼ dry white wine
6 c vegetable broth
1 bunch asparagus, woody bottom third cut off
1 ½ c halved cherry tomatoes
¼ tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp dried thyme
¼ c grated Parmesan cheese
¼ c nonfat plain Greek yogurt
¼ c sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two large sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Heat large skillet over medium-low heat and add 2 Tbsp oil. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 min.
- In a saucepan heat broth on low.
- Add rice and cook 7 min, stirring until edges are slightly brown and aromatic. Reduce heat as needed.
- Pour wine and simmer until almost evaporated.
- Add ¼ c broth, swirling pan and scraping down sides with wooden spoon.
- When broth has reduced add another ¼ c of broth and continue process for next 30 min, until rice is al dente and creamy.
- Meanwhile, place asparagus and tomatoes on lined baking sheet, cut side up. Drizzle with 1 tsp oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper and thyme.
- Remove risotto from heat and stir in asparagus, Parmesan cheese, yogurt, butter, salt, and pepper. Spoon into bowls and add warm tomatoes and almonds on top.
- Enjoy immediately.