1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-in pieces
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 c sliced red onion
1 green chile pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
3 Tbsp tomato paste
½ c reduced sodium chicken broth
2 ½ tsp ground cumin
1 ½ tsp chili powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
5 corn tortillas, cut into ¼-in thick strips
1 avocado, diced
¼ c plain Greek yogurt
- In a slow cooker, add chicken, beans, tomatoes with juice, onions, chili peppers, garlic, tomato paste, broth, 2 tsp cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5 ½ hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread tortillas on a large sheet pan and spray with oil.
- Sprinkle with ½ tsp cumin and ¼ tsp of salt.
- Toss and spread into an even layer.
- Bake 16 min – until golden, flipping half way through.
- Arrange tortillas in serving bowls and ladle in the stew. Place avocados and Greek yogurt on top.